Wednesday, 7 December 2016

Pretty Pines gift voucher pouch

Yes, I’m playing catch-up. The Garden Green project shown here was designed by my friend and helper Kelly for my last Hygge Night, where we created a wreath and a gift pouch. When a customer requested two gift vouchers, I decided to make a similar pouch in Cherry Cobbler (mainly because I’d run out of Garden Green).

I really love both projects, but have always been a sucker for Cherry Cobbler. It’s created using the Envelope Punch Board; just pick any size and then cut a simple strip of cardstock to wrap around it to seal. As long as you only stick your embellishments to the Crumb Cake strip, it will slide on and off so you can access the voucher inside.

Monday, 5 December 2016

Dragonfly Dreams sneak peek

This Mix It Up Monday I have another sneak peek from the Spring/Summer catalogue for you. This time I’ve used the gorgeous new stamp set, Dragonfly Dreams, and the matching Detailed Dragonfly Thinlits dies.

The dotty stamp in this set is just perfect for creating a faux bokeh look to your projects. Here I’ve stamped and stamped off repeatedly in Sweet Sugarplum, So Saffron, Soft Sky and, finally, in Versamark so I could emboss it in white on top.  

The dragonfly is created using three stamps - one for the colour of the wings (So Saffron and Soft Sky), one for the black detail, and one for the colour of the body (Soft Sky). It’s very subtle, even in real life, so I don’t expect you to see this clearly in a photo taken outside in the depths of an English winter. 

The colour combination, taken from my latest set of In Color charts, had the potential to be a little too subtle and pastel for my liking, so I was very glad of that pop of black. 

Saturday, 3 December 2016

Caturday: Ginger cat needs a home

This gorgeous ginger cat is a little more grown-up now. Called Piper Cub, Spitfire or Tiger Moth (there are three of them, very difficult to tell apart), he was taken to Woodland Nook as a family, with his mother and another female cat. And all of them still need a home!

They are currently the only cats available for rehoming as the cat shelter is currently suffering from a financial crisis, due to urgent repairs being needed to the floor and back wall.

Here are some ways you could help - please share among your cat-loving friends!

Thursday, 1 December 2016

Big year-end sale at Stampin’ Up!®

Exciting news! There are big bargains to be had in a year-end sale at Stampin’ Up!® This one is to clear the warehouse of retiring items ready for all the lovely new products which will be heading our way with the Spring/Summer catalogue. So click the image to take a look at my online store and bag a bargain!
  • The sale runs from today until 3rd January at 4pm
  • Items are up to 60% off
  • Products available only while supplies last
  • Your best way of ordering is online - if we wait to gather orders, items will have sold out
  • Please use the hostess code CQ32CNG7 and I’ll send you a thank you gift if you spend more than £25
  • If you spend more than £150, please don’t use the code, as you’ll lose your own Stampin’ Rewards
  • Thank you gifts for last month’s online orders will be sent out shortly (they haven’t arrived yet!)

Wednesday, 30 November 2016

Love You Lots birthday card with Birthday Bright sneak peek

For all those of you who have birthdays at the “wrong” time of year... you know, the time of year when birthday cards are shoved to one corner in the shop, when everyone “forgets” it’s your birthday because they’re too busy with Christmas or, worse, gives you a “joint Christmas and birthday present”.

This is for my big brother who, inexplicably, really likes ladybirds. It’s a bit of a mish-mash of past, present and future... with some retired washi tape I bought from the Clearance Rack, a current hostess set and a future greeting set which we were all given at OnStage and which I know you’re going to love.

Monday, 28 November 2016

Mix It Up Monday: Sneak peek with Lift Me Up

I have a sneak peek for you on this Mix It Up Monday… a project made with a brand new stamp set which will be available from 4th January. It’s perfect for this cheery colour combination from my latest set of In Color charts

The stamp set – from which I’ve only used the greeting on this project – is called Lift Me Up and featured hot air balloons and clouds. The co-ordinating Up & Away Thinlits allow you to die-cut the stamped balloons, as well as create different coloured balloons by layering different shades behind the main image. 

I’ve kept it simple here, by hand-cutting the background piece in Flirty Flamingo and layering it behind the Rich Razzleberry balloon. 

The background was painted initially using Soft Sky, then, while the ink was still wet, brushed gently with some Bermuda Bay ink to create the cloudy effect. 

There’s lots of fun to be had from hot air balloons – which I’m sure is why the set features on the cover of the catalogue, and they were a key theme of the recent OnStage events for demonstrators. 

Finally, don’t forget it’s the last day of the Online Extravaganza! Click the image below to order through my website and, if you use the code BBB4XSCA when spending over £25, I’ll send you a thank you gift!

The small print

This is my personal blog and my sole responsibility as an Independent Stampin' Up!® demonstrator. All images are © Stampin' Up!® All content including photographs, projects and text are © Helen Read, unless otherwise stated. Please feel free to copy my ideas for your personal use and inspiration - if you are a SU demonstrator you may use these ideas for your events but please give credit where it is due. Please do not use my ideas for monetary gain, competitions or publication. The images on this blog - including blog buttons - should not be copied and used elsewhere on the internet or on CDs.