Saturday, 25 May 2013
I'm back, with Caturday, as promised. Had a productive morning; picked up my new satchel, handmade in Derby to my specifications (More Mustard and Elegant Eggplant, more or less) and ordered a bed in the hope of putting an end to back pain misery.
So here's Max and isn't he a cutie? He's a feisty little kitten who isn't afraid to stand up to big bullies like Solo. Max came to the shelter with his mum. Maddie, and they are still there, so if you're interested, just give me a shout!
Unfortunately, online shopping has been suspended while a few teething troubles are ironed out. I'll keep you posted on that one.
And I'll update with a kitten picture later, when daughter gets up. Letting her have a lie-in as, even though she's on study leave for her GCSEs, she has been in to school every day this week for revision sessions.
Back in a bit!
Thursday, 23 May 2013
Tuesday, 21 May 2013
Let's start today with a sad story. If you can't be bothered with my whining, skip to the important bit at the end. Otherwise, please indulge me for a few minutes.
Last night, my iMac died. :( I knew it was old and needed upgrading and it was on my "to do" list but you know how it is, I just hadn't got round to it. I even had my external hard drive on my desk ready to back up, but was busy deleting unused files in the name of streamlining. I've learned the hard way. I've had the Mac mended... BUT the hard drive is dead as a dodo and, due to my lax backing up, I have lost everything from the past 12 months.
On the up side:
- Photos ... not so bad, as the children won't let us take photos of them any more anyway, so we probably haven't lost too many of importance. Although all my albums seem to have disappeared and they are in random order.
- Calendar ... happily, I uploaded everybody's birthday to Birthdayalarm.com only a few weeks ago, so that's ok
- Emails ... I'll get over it I suppose. I was due for a clearout.
- Music... I don't download much music so most of that is there.
- Stampin' Up!® business resources... thankfully, I have been uploading lots of these to my new team forum.
- Stampin' Up!® contacts... again, thankfully I use MailChimp for my newsletters so my mailing lists should be intact.
- The computer is now upgraded as far as its advancing years will allow. So my son is happy about that.
- It wasn't as expensive as I thought it would be.
- Email preferences ... still wading through these as it's definitely not one of my strengths. Struggling, if I'm honest.
- Calendar... all my plans and dates to remember have gone.
- Email contacts ... still not sure about these. I'm so used to typing the first two letters of somebody's name and having it appear automatically.
- The big one: my accounts. Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaagh! Really wanted to put my tax return in early this year and now I have to start from scratch. I cannot begin to tell you how gutted I am about this.
- It's soooooo time-consuming.
Sunday, 19 May 2013
Saturday, 18 May 2013
Caturday comes round fast at the moment... so fast that I still don't have the kitten pictures from daughter's iPod. So here's a picture of Winky hiding in the ferns. He's not very good at hiding, as you can tell. Bless him.
Better dash - it's a big day today, with a team meeting this morning and Father's Day class this afternoon. How exciting!
Friday, 17 May 2013