I’m back – and I’m excited about crafting again! Less excited about the quality of the photos in this post but I was too excited about the cards to wait for daylight.
Right now I’m particularly enamoured with little succulent pots with cute faces.
The succulents trend is still going strong so I am delighted to showcase a set of cards I made with a fun little stamp set from a company which designs and manufactures here in the UK.
The company is called Sticker Kitten and I discovered it while compiling a list of British stamp companies. Let me make it clear from the start that I have no affiliation to this brand, but I want to use my blog and social media platforms to champion British craft companies, and Sticker Kitten just happens to be first on my list! Please note I have no affiliation to the company and receive no compensation for this blog post; I’m just a crafter who is enjoying exploring everything that the UK has to offer.
What I love about this Succulents stamp set is that you can stamp pretty succulents for your garden-loving friends and relatives. Perfectly serious but attractive, and suitable for men or women.
This succulent planter is my favourite stamp and can be teamed with browns and greens for a masculine card....
... or given a background of Fresh Freesia cardstock from Stampin’ Up!® for something a little more feminine.
You can also use it with other products you happen to have, such as this archway window die from Stampin’ Up!®’s Christmas Mice set. I’ve use it to frame a couple of plants sitting on a table or window ledge against some patterned paper “wallpaper”.
But we all have friends who are a little more quirky than this – at least I do, and hope you do, too! For these friends, the tiny faces come into their own.
Stamp the same cute cards but add a smiling face for a touch of whimsy. I love it!
This is the window card again. This time I stamped the greeting but didn’t test the sentiment stamp with coloured ink and discovered it smudged a little when used with a new-style Stampin’ Up!® ink pad (Peaceful Pine), so I stuck to black after that.
This one has a circle background which uses the largest stamp in the pack. You can use this to make tiny pieces of patterned paper in any colour you have.
I’ve used that background stamp again on this card to make a different coloured circle. This card shows a couple of fun techniques, too.
I’ve used a sticky note to mask the image to create an overlapped effect.
And I’ve used my trimmer to score three simple lines across the white layer. I did this from the back of the cardstock to create a raised line. This is called the handkerchief technique, and I’m sure you can work out why.
For this card, I used my stamp positioner to line up five of the plants. This one was designed for a class where the ladies are not all experienced stampers but do love colouring, so they had lots of fun with this one.
Finally this is ridiculously simple. It’s also a bit wonky, even after trimming, but I was filming as I stamped and it’s not easy working around a phone which is directly in your eye line!
About Sticker Kitten
Even my die-hard craft friends who shop everywhere haven’t heard of this one but it’s a fabulous find. The main reason this company spoke to me is its commitment to sustainability; it even has an Environment page on the website detailing where changes are being made, such as moving away from plastic packaging to glassine bags for consumable products.
It has to be said that stamps are not the main product sold by Sticker Kitten, but the small range has some cute offerings, including this Succulents stamp set for just £11.99.
Nearly 19 years as a Stampin’ Up!® demonstrator has conditioned me to expect coordinated products so I was delighted to see some matching patterned paper too, at just £5.99 for a pack of 30 6"x6" sheets. It’s single sided, but still a bargain. There are also ephemera packs featuring the plants – choose from plain plants, or plants with happy faces.
The main business of Sticker Kitten is of course stickers, but I had to resist those. I have a stamp habit and don’t need another addiction. For me, the beauty of stamps is that you can use them over and over again, without having to worry about “saving them for best”.
They are also big on planners, but I’m not a planner person. I need everything online where I can’t lose it!
Follow me on social media to see tips and reels featuring this stamp set!

.png)
.png)
.png)
.png)

.png)
.png)
.png)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you so much for taking the time to comment.