This morning’s Crafty Friday class was lovely and relaxing, and we played around with the watercolour salt technique. This is very easy to do but can produce the most stunning results that will make you look like a real artist! This is what we did:
- Take a piece of watercolour paper
- Paint all over it with clear water
- Using ink refills, paint across it roughly with two or more colours
- While it’s still wet, sprinkle with salt crystals (the sort you put in a salt grinder)
- Allow to dry thoroughly (you can speed it up with the heat tool)
- Use as backgrounds for stamping
The effects are interesting and unpredictable; mine has resulted in flower-like images with dark centres; I don’t know where the dark centres came from!
I stamped on top of mine, then white embossed the flower heads so they stand out. I wanted a very small greeting, so dug out Sprinkles of Life , which was perfect for the job!
And while I’m at it, I’ve already predicted that Sprinkles of Life will retire, but I’d like to add to that prediction and divine that Summer Silhouettes will also end up on the retiring list. I have no inside info, I promise you, this is a psychic hunch! We’ll know for sure on 18th April, then you can judge for yourself just how psychic I actually am!
Links by TheseAreMyStamps.com